Sunday, October 25, 2009

Goebbert's Pumpkin Patch

Each fall, we try to make a trip out to Goebbert's Pumpkin Farm in Hampshire. Over the years, the place has just exploded in size, and now it even has an exotic animal petting zoo, multiple cornstalk mazes, a restaurant, pony rides, camel rides and several shows that happen throughout the day. There is the pumpkin-eating dinosaur "show", the singing chickens, a magic show, and now there is a pumpkin cannon that attempts to shoot a target every half hour. The girls love the time we spend there. As we walked around, I realized how many things my girls were just about ready to outgrow there...and that in a couple years, they may not be that excited about going. So I took a lot of pictures!




One hungry giraffe with a LOOOOOONG black tongue.

So amazing to be nose to nose with a beautiful giraffe.


After I took this picture, Belle wanted her Dad and I to stand in front to mark the year and our height.


Moo and the nestlings.




Belle and the nestlings.



Belle could play around with the miniature gourds for hours. Easily entertained, I suppose.




Okay, it's not just Belle. Moo loves playing with them too. They remind me of Mary and Laura in the Little House books!



This poor momma pig was desperately trying to get away from her squealing and demanding little piglets.



The girls and Daddy on the way into one of the mazes.



I took a picture six years ago with Moo in this bus. She was so little...



I think I liked the "Cackle Review" more than even the girls. I admit...I am fascinated by puppets. It's embarrassing.


Last time we were here, Belle was scared to death of the pumpkin eating dinosaur.



Another view of the Cackle Review.




Someone will never grow up, and can always be found playing with the kids. I'm not naming names.



This is supposed to be a toddler's haystack maze. The Grants temporarily took it over to run on top along the walls and play tag.


Who is that girl under that hat?



Petting the dinosaur.



Wow--we are both in the picture!



Best Dad in the World nominee for years 1998 to 2009.



The Grant ladies.




Sweet corn--yum!


Sweet corn + braces = a mess
I'm a bad mom--I forgot that Moo isn't supposed to eat corn on the cob! So, we just cut the kernels off the cob, and she had an easier time eating than the rest of the family, and it was just as yummy!



A joey.



Belle in her element.



This goat desperately wanted to come home with Moo.


Belle could stay here forever.


Joe camel.


Sweet corny.


Happy Thanksgiving!






1 comment:

Amy said...

Is it bad that I can relate to the mama pig??? :) I feel like all I do is feed my squealing piglets all day!