I've had some issues with blogger publishing my photos, so I have put off posting over the last few months. Here is the summary of Thanksgiving events, in all its voluminous glory:
My mom came in to the Nashville area on Monday morning the week of Thanksgiving, and the rest is Thanksgiving Visit 2012 history.
First, the girls had their Hodie performance with Belmont University's Oratorio at McAfee Concert Hall.
Then on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the Rothrocks arrived.
We hung out, talked, watched the boybies create a bit of chaos in the family room several times a day, and did a bit of sightseeing at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel as pictured above.
Oh, and I ROCKED the Thanksgiving turkey. After a bit of a panic over the colossal bird's inability to fit in the roaster, my faithful hubby applied some chest compressions that shrunk the bird's white meat portion to better fit the roaster.
| See? Perfect fit. |
Four hours later (Yes! Only FOUR HOURS to cook a 25 lb. bird!!) it was done...and super juicy...and carved to perfection by--yours truly. Yes, that was a first (the carving, that is)--but I think I did an excellent job. I have had this irrational fear of cutting cakes, pies or, in this case, carving meat for fear that I'll somehow screw it up. But I am cured! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment