It's concert time again! Time for butterflies, low-level nausea and terrible anxiety...and that's just ME! The spring concert, "Can You Hear?", was simply wonderful. The Dolce and Cantabile singers of YFVS did their best performance of the year, and our dear Belle executed a beautiful solo at the beginning of the song "I am a Child".
 |
| Warming up before the performance. |
 |
| Moo is always so composed. She is our little lady, and she is more lovely each day. |
 |
| Our little Belle the soloist warms up and thinks about her "deep breathing" technique to ward off nerves. (She came up with that on her own.) We are so proud of her. |
 |
| The girls and Mrs. Helwig, their lovely and talented director. |
 |
| It has been a privilege to watch Jennie work with the kids each week. Whoever the girls sit under in Nashville better be pretty awesome in order to fill Mrs. Helwig's shoes. We are keeping our fingers crossed. :) |
 |
| More dear friends. |
 |
| They only look sweet and refined... |
 |
| ...until you really get to know them. |
 |
| Oh Avyi...how we love you! |
 |
| Alexis--the coolest girl with pink hair in the whole choir! She is a smart and sweet girl with a beautiful voice. |
 |
| Fortunately for Mrs. Helwig, the other 20 choristers were distracted...or else she would have been sQuIsHeD by a few dozen kids who LOVE her! |
 |
| Aww--flowers from Mimi, Bucky and Miss Honna (and "Mr. Honna", Michael Townley). :) |
 |
| Honna and Michael were sweet enough to come to the girls' performance. Honna teaches violin to Moo and another girl in the YFVS choir. She is a lovely lady, and a violin superstar! |
We couldn't be more pleased with our family's final concert as part of YFVS. I am just so sad to be leaving. Sad for my girls...sad for me...sad, sad, sad. That said, I am glad that we got SO involved and opened our hearts up SO much to YNS/YFVS, that we left no alternative but to suffer when we depart from it. It is a cruel fact of life that one must become entangled with others in order to really and deeply enjoy this thing called life...and that leaves us open and vulnerable for lots of pain when we are moved along to live somewhere else for a time. *Sigh*
2 comments:
How wonderful for the girls! I know you are so proud. I would love to find something like that here. I must go on the hunt to see what is available in our neck of the woods. I feel your pain of leaving, but want to encourage you that Lord has many new friendships ordained for you in TN. May He quickly turn your tears into gladness as your family begins this new adventure! Hope to see you soon.
Blessings,
Sarah
I love you guys, i really really do. Lets scheme up a way to get us down there! We can't give up after just one try!
Post a Comment